Veon Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you send us, or we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Veon Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2018.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address, site address, billing address, home telephone number
- Names and contact details of third parties you are working with, such as architects, suppliers and main contractors
- Photographs and drawings of your project
What we do with the information we gather
- We use your personal data to stay in touch with you and the third parties involved in the delivery of your project, for the duration of your project
- Photographs of your project may appear on our website, Facebook or Instagram in order to showcase our work. Although the photograph may be labelled/tagged to show the general location of your project, we will never link it to your specific address or name. If you would like these images to be deleted, please contact us on the contacts details listed below.
Disclosure of information
- We will only disclose your address and telephone number to our suppliers, so that deliveries of materials can be made directly to your site and for the fulfillment of your order and if you would prefer that your details are not passed on, please contact us on the contacts details listed below.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
- Our website and Instagram account may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. The information is only accessible to employees of the company on password protected devices.
- Below is some information from our server provider regarding their security provision:
“The server you are located on is hosted in the IOMART.COM secure facility in Maidenhead in Berkshire. This is an ISO 27001 compliant data centre facility and we can provide the certification document on request. You are on our shared business hosting platform and these servers are protected with various security services including Mod Security Web Application Firewall (with custom rule sets) as well as having relevant malware and virus scanning software installed. The control panel software on these servers are regularly patched thus ensuring any known security exploits are patched within 24 hours of the update being released.”
Personal Data submissions via the Website
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, unless we become required by law to do so.
What to do if you think any information being held about you is incorrect
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information and contact you to inform you that this correction has been made. Please contact us on the contacts details listed below.
What to do if you want any data collected about you to be deleted
Please contact us if you wish for any data pertaining to yourself or your project erased from our records. We can send you a letter confirming this has been done. Please contact us on the contacts details listed below.
Please note, if you have ever had any product installed by Veon Ltd, personal data may be archived and stored securely but permanently. This is in the unlikely event we need to contact you in case of any safety or legal issue pertaining to your installation. This data is kept Under Art.17 GDPR (3) which sets out exemptions of the ‘Right to Erasure’.
What to do if you wish to access any of the files we keep on record about you (a ‘Data Subject Access Request’)
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. Please contact us and we can put together a file of these documents and send these to you. As per the rules set out by the GDPR, we will produce this for you in under one month. Please see the ‘Contact’ section below.